2009년 11월 20일 금요일

Taylor Swift - country music sensation


At age nineteen, she is one of the most eminent and successful country music artist of all time.
Her Madison Square Garden show was completely sold out in 59 seconds.
Her album Fearless has one four platinum labels
She has made country music palatable to the ears of people all over the world
She is Taylor Swift.
All this, for a girl who learned how to play guitar on her computer.
I am awestruck. I have liked a few of her catchy songs, but I had never fully realized the extent of her fame until now.
Being an avid guitar player myself, it surprises me how musicians find themselves on the pedestal of fame in a blink of an eye. How it must feel to have millions of people listen to the songs that you wrote, and be on tour performing on the stage infront of thousands of people!
It is something that I can only dream about.
Another interesting fact about Swift; she is the only country musician to have won the VMA video music award. It was one fretful night; while she was making her acceptance speech, she was rudely interrupted by rap artist Kanye West, who, begged to differ on the decision.
This unexpected and snobbish intervention only meant good news for Swift; her sales only accelerated after the incident.
So, its been all sunny and blue skies for this young musician.
Her talents have been recognized all over the world, and she reminds us once again that America is the land of opportunity.

댓글 1개:

  1. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I'm quite a fan of Taylor Swift myself. She's such an inspiration to many teenagers who love to play music--even country music sounds nice when she sings/plays it.

    답글삭제